Saturday, June 9, 2012

2 for the price of 1???

Yesterday dh and I went for out  first u/s. I was soooo nervous because I was praying we would be able to see a gestational sac in the uterus like we were supposed to.  They did an internal and I was so relieved to hear from the nurse that she saw a beautiful gestational sac. Then....I coughed. The nurse all of a sudden was like ummm....and there's a second one. Dh and I were as shocked as you are.  We're having TWINS!!! They saw 2 gestational sacs and in sac a she could already see a yolk sac and said she thought she could start to see one in sac b.  I read you usually see the yolk sac's around 5 1/2 to 6 weeks, so I guess they're doing good.  We go in for our next u/s on Friday and she said by then we should be able to see our little sweet peas. She said they will look like tiny little tic tacs. I hope we can see the heartbeats but she said we can assume we won't see them to our sono the following week at 7 weeks. Then after that if everything is ok then we will be released to our OBGYN.

No comments:

Post a Comment